Atrial Fibrillation Treatments in Sugar Land, TX
We Specialize in Atrial Fibrillation Treatments
Atrial fibrillation occurs when the heart’s upper chambers beat irregularly and can lead to a range of symptoms, including fatigue, shortness of breath, and chest pain. At Reddy Cardiac Wellness & Diabetes Reversal Center, we understand how concerning a diagnosis of atrial fibrillation can be, and we’re committed to providing our patients in Sugar Land, TX, with the most advanced A-fib treatment options available. If you’re experiencing symptoms of atrial fibrillation or have been diagnosed with this condition, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with our experienced team today.
What Are the Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?
Some people with A-fib may not experience any symptoms and their condition can only be detected through a physical examination. Others may experience atrial fibrillation symptoms such as general fatigue, a rapid and irregular heartbeat, chest fluttering or thumping, dizziness, shortness of breath and anxiety, weakness, fainting or confusion, fatigue during exercise, sweating, or chest pain or pressure that requires immediate medical attention.
Atrial Fibrillation Diagnosis
To diagnose A-fib, doctors may perform several tests to rule out other conditions and determine the severity of A-fib. These tests include:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) – Indicates if the heart is beating too fast, too slow, or not at all
- Blood tests – Used to rule out other conditions
- Holter Monitor and Event Recorder – Record the heart’s activity continuously or intermittently for a more extended period
- Echocardiogram – Uses sound waves to create images of the heart
- Stress Test – Used to monitor the heart during exercise
- Chest X-ray – Helps a doctor assess the lungs and heart’s condition
What Causes Atrial Fibrillation?
Atrial fibrillation occurs when the heart’s tissue and electrical system are altered or damaged. Commonly, high blood pressure or coronary artery disease can lead to these changes. In some cases, an abnormal heartbeat acts as a trigger for atrial fibrillation. However, it can be difficult to determine the cause of this abnormal heartbeat.
Atrial Fibrillation Treatment
Lifestyle modifications, medications, and procedures – including surgery – are common treatments for atrial fibrillation. These can help prevent blood clots, slow down the heartbeat, or restore the heart’s normal rhythm. In addition, your doctor may treat any underlying conditions that could be contributing to your risk of atrial fibrillation, such as being overweight or having sleep apnea or an overactive thyroid gland.
Atrial Fibrillation Prevention
Although not all cases of A-fib can be avoided, you can reduce the likelihood of developing it by not smoking; maintaining a healthy weight according to your body mass index; eating a Mediterranean-style diet that is high in fruits, vegetables, and plant-based foods, and low in saturated fats; and exercising regularly.
Natural and Alternative Treatments for A-fib
While medical treatments are available to manage A-fib, there are also natural atrial fibrillation treatments and preventative measures that can be taken to reduce the risk of developing this condition, including:
- Avoiding Stimulants – Stimulants such as caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, and certain medications can trigger A-fib episodes or make them worse. By avoiding or limiting these substances, individuals may be able to reduce their risk of developing A-fib or prevent A-fib episodes.
- Getting Your Nutrients – It’s recommended that you consume a heart-healthy diet that consists of a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins.
- Staying Hydrated – Dehydration can increase the risk of A-fib, so it is important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
- Taking Supplements – Some supplements that have gained attention for their potential antiarrhythmic effects include fish oil, taurine, coenzyme Q10, and hawthorn berry.
- Cutting Out Gluten – Some individuals with A-fib may have a gluten intolerance or sensitivity that can trigger A-fib episodes. Cutting out gluten from the diet may reduce inflammation and improve heart health for these individuals.
- Exercising and Practicing Stress Relief – Exercise helps maintain a healthy weight, reduce blood pressure, and improve cardiovascular health. Stress can trigger A-fib episodes, so finding ways to manage stress is important for preventing A-fib.
Contact Us Today
At Reddy Cardiac Wellness & Diabetes Reversal Center, our experienced physicians are dedicated to providing top-quality care and treatment for atrial fibrillation. We understand the seriousness of this condition and the impact it can have on your daily life. Our personalized treatment plans focus on using a combination of medication, lifestyle changes, and advanced procedures to improve your heart health and quality of life. Don’t wait any longer to take control of your atrial fibrillation. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about our services in Sugar Land, TX.
Why Choose Us?
- Walk-In Patients Welcome
- Free Parking & Easy Access
- Accepting Most Insurance Plans
- Same Day Appointments Available
- State of the Art Facility & Equipment
- Extremely Friendly & Experienced Staff