Heart Palpitation Treatment in Sugar Land, TX
We Know How to Stop Heart Palpitations
Regain control over your heart’s rhythm with specialized heart palpitation treatment provided by Reddy Cardiology in Sugar Land, TX. We understand that irregular heartbeats can be unsettling and disruptive, impacting your daily life. That’s why our expert team is dedicated to delivering tailored care that addresses the root causes of palpitations, putting your heart health back on track. Schedule your consultation and embark on a journey towards a calmer, healthier heart with Reddy Cardiology.
What Are Heart Palpitations?
Heart palpitations are irregular or rapid heartbeats that people may feel as fluttering, pounding, or racing sensations in their chests. These sensations can be unsettling but are often harmless. Various factors can trigger palpitations, including stress, caffeine, nicotine, certain medications, and underlying medical conditions like arrhythmias, thyroid disorders, or heart diseases. While most cases of heart palpitations are not serious, persistent or severe symptoms should be evaluated by a medical professional to rule out any underlying health issues.
Who Does It Affect?
Heart palpitations can affect individuals of all ages and backgrounds. While they are more common in certain situations, such as stress or anxiety, they can also occur without apparent triggers. People with underlying heart conditions, thyroid disorders, or those who consume excessive caffeine or nicotine may be more prone to experiencing palpitations.
Symptoms of Heart Palpitations
Heart palpitations can be a distressing experience, often described as a racing, fluttering, or irregular heartbeat. Here are four common symptoms associated with heart palpitations:
- Fluttering Sensation – Many individuals with heart palpitations report a sensation of their heart “fluttering” or beating rapidly and irregularly. This feeling can be alarming, especially if it’s unexpected or accompanied by other symptoms.
- Pounding Heart – Heart palpitations might cause a sensation of a forceful or pounding heartbeat. This sensation can be felt in the chest, throat, or neck, and it can sometimes cause discomfort or anxiety.
- Skipped Beats – Palpitations can create the feeling that the heart skips a beat or has an irregular rhythm. These sensations can be intermittent, making predicting when they will occur challenging.
- Shortness of Breath – Some people may experience shortness of breath or breathlessness alongside heart palpitations. This can be particularly concerning and might be accompanied by dizziness or lightheadedness.
Causes of Heart Palpitations
Heart palpitations can arise from various triggers, ranging from benign to potentially serious. Here are four common causes of heart palpitations:
- Stress and Anxiety – Emotional stress and anxiety can lead to the release of stress hormones that stimulate the heart and cause palpitations. These palpitations are often temporary and subside as stress levels decrease.
- Caffeine and Stimulants – Consuming excessive caffeine, energy drinks, or stimulant medications can temporarily increase heart rate and trigger palpitations. Cutting back on these substances might alleviate the symptoms.
- Nicotine – Smoking or using nicotine products can stimulate the heart and cause irregular heartbeats. Quitting smoking and avoiding nicotine can help reduce palpitations.
- Medical Conditions – Certain medical conditions, such as arrhythmias, thyroid disorders, and heart diseases, can lead to palpitations. If palpitations are persistent, recurring, or accompanied by other symptoms, a medical evaluation is crucial to determine the underlying cause.
Treatments for Heart Palpitation
Treatments for heart palpitations vary depending on the underlying cause and severity of the condition. In cases where palpitations are triggered by stress or anxiety, stress-reduction techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, and mindfulness can be helpful. Lifestyle adjustments like reducing caffeine and alcohol intake and quitting smoking can alleviate palpitations. If an underlying medical condition is identified, such as an arrhythmia or thyroid disorder, targeted treatments may include medications to regulate heart rhythm or address hormonal imbalances.
Why Choose Reddy Cardiology
Rediscover a life free from the disruptions of heart palpitations with Reddy Cardiology‘s dedicated heart palpitation treatment in Sugar Land, TX. Our commitment goes beyond managing symptoms. It’s also about restoring your confidence and peace of mind. With a blend of advanced medical expertise and personalized care, we are here to guide you towards a more steady and comfortable heartbeat. Schedule your consultation and experience firsthand the difference that specialized, patient-centered care can make.
Why Choose Us?
- Walk-In Patients Welcome
- Free Parking & Easy Access
- Accepting Most Insurance Plans
- Same Day Appointments Available
- State of the Art Facility & Equipment
- Extremely Friendly & Experienced Staff