Treatment for Heart Rhythm Disorders in Sugar Land, TX
What Are Heart Rhythm Disorders?
Reddy Cardiac Wellness & Diabetes Reversal Center diagnoses and treats heart rhythm disorders for Sugar Land, TX patients. Heart rhythm disorders are also called arrhythmias and are basically irregular heartbeats. A patient’s heartbeat may be too slow, fast, or uneven. Many people experience a racing heartbeat occasionally, but this becomes a problem when it’s frequent. Our experienced doctors use innovative technology to diagnose heart rhythm disorders and offer customized treatments. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Types of Heart Rhythm Disorders
The different types of arrhythmias that are caused by abnormal electrical activity in different chambers of your heart include:
- Additional beats
- Atrial fibrillation
- Ventricular arrhythmia
- Ventricular tachycardia
- Atrial flutter
- Supraventricular arrhythmias
- Ventricular fibrillation
- Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia
Symptoms of a Heart Rhythm Disorder
Most of the time, occasional heart palpitations are not caused by a heart rhythm disorder. After consuming too much caffeine, nicotine, stress, dehydration, or alcohol, you may notice palpitations. If you have heart palpitations with chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting, seek medical attention immediately. Other symptoms of heart rhythm disorders include:
- Heartbeat pauses
- The feeling that your heart skips beats
- A persistent racing heart
- A slow heartbeat
- An irregular heartbeat
Heart Rhythm Disorder Risk Factors
Risk factors for cardiac arrhythmias are different depending on your diagnosed disorder. Some heart rhythm disorders have no known cause, including supraventricular tachycardia. The risk factors that may contribute to your heart rhythm disorder include genetics and age. Lifestyle changes can help avoid some heart disorders. Sleep apnea, obesity, smoking, diabetes, hypertension, and excessive alcohol consumption can lead to overall poor heart health.
Diagnosis of Arrhythmias
We are committed to diagnosing heart problems at the earliest possible stage. We use state-of-the-art equipment to evaluate your heart, determine the problem, and find a treatment. Our tests to diagnose heart rhythm disorders include:
- Event Monitoring – We use a small device to record and transmit heart patterns over a period of time.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG) – An EKG measures your heart rhythm, rate, and strength of your heart’s electrical signals.
- Holter Monitor – A Holter monitor is a portable ECG recorder that records your heart’s electrical activity over 24 hours.
- 2D Echocardiogram – An echocardiogram assesses the heart’s function with a moving picture of the heart.
- Stress/Treadmill Test – A stress test assesses how well your heart handles exercise and shows if your blood supply in the arteries is reduced while working out.
Heart Rhythm Disorders Treatment
We’ll determine the treatment for your heart rhythm depending on the severity of the heart condition. We may monitor your heart activity over a short amount of time, prescribe medication, or recommend lifestyle changes. We may recommend a pacemaker or implantable cardioverter-defibrillator for a more severe heart rhythm disorder. To stop the flow of your heart’s irregular activity, we may use radiofrequency ablation in some cases. Surgery is necessary in rare cases of heart rhythm disorders.
Contact Reddy Cardiac Wellness & Diabetes Reversal Center
We understand heart arrhythmias can be scary. Our team of compassionate and experienced cardiovascular specialists is here to help diagnose and treat your heart issues. We provide comprehensive heart services to ensure your heart is beating at its best. We specialize in preventing, evaluating, diagnosing, and improving diabetes and cardiovascular conditions. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our cardiovascular specialists.
Why Choose Us?
- Walk-In Patients Welcome
- Free Parking & Easy Access
- Accepting Most Insurance Plans
- Same Day Appointments Available
- State of the Art Facility & Equipment
- Extremely Friendly & Experienced Staff